An old Sanskrit saying clearly indicates the importance of “VAASTU SASTRA” in Indian culture
“grihasthasya kriyasarva nor siddhayanti griha vina”
Vaastu Shastra, in olden golden days, was the “science of building a house or a residence or a temple” and in the modern era it is called architecture. There are two schools of thoughts in Indian vaastu:
- South Indian tradition of vaastu headed by “MAYA” a great sage
- North Indian tradition of vaastu headed by “ Vishwakarma” another great sage
The easiest definition to understand vaastu is – how to align “PUNCH MAHABOOHTA” that is, “WATER, EARTH,AIR,FIRE & SPACE”, with the environment, energy and direction of a place where we want to reside or construct something, so that negative energy of the space becomes positive and beneficial for us.
Today, we are going to have a look at the most important and useful points of vaastu for a “BEDROOM” for better sleep, progeny, prosperity and good health.
- Master bedroom, for the head of family, should be in “naaritya” kon (south –west) and this is the most auspicious position. Aagni and Eshaan kon are to be avoided.
- Children bedroom should be in the “west”direction to facilitate their overall growth.
- Guests and unmarried girls should stay in North- West zone of house so that easy and early marriage is possible. Also denotes movement, so that a guest should frequently come and go, and not stay too long.
- Colours of the walls of the bedroom are rather important as we spend a lot of time in the bedroom. Blue and light blue, olive, grey colour for the master bedroom and white colour in children’s bedroom is recommended for marriage and prosperity.
- Heavy cupboards must be placed in south or north west direction of a bedroom.
- Avoid too many electronic goods in the bedroom. If necessary, place them in the south east direction.
- As the legs of the vaastu purush are in south west direction, it should not be kept empty. There must be something heavy kept there.
- Couples should keep their heads in east or south direction of the magnetic belt. This is helpful in promoting sound sleep. So, the bed should also be kept in the same direction.
- Place your locker boxes in the south direction so that it may open in north (somewhat in “Eshaan kon” ) for better prosperity.
- Mirrors on cupboards or any other form must be avoided as they attract negative energy. Television is also considered to be a mirror so if necessary, place it in the south east direction.
- Doors of the bedroom should be noiseless while opening and closing.
- Doors of bathrooms attached to bedrooms should always be closed.
Avoid mirrors in front of beds to ward off nightmares and health problems.
- Walls of the rooms should not be damaged, leaking or cracking. Otherwise it will promote dispute among couples.
So, readers please follow these simple rules of the ancient architect of India known as Vaastu Shastra, pertaining to your bedroom. Make simple changes and you can surely go a long way in reconstructing your life and relationship with all your family members.
Wondering what your individual planet placements mean for your professional and personal future?
Consult our top astrologers now and get 10 % Off. https://bit.ly/StarsTell-Talk-To-An-Astrologer